- Maryland Gun Ban: “We do not anticipate any challenge to the state’s power”
- Boston police chief: The first rule of Police State is there is no Police State
- Massachusetts: FBI, IRS Assault North Attleboro Home
- Undercover FBI agents infiltrate Oklahoma bingo halls, coffee shops
- The Militarization of Policing in America
“My brother spent the last eight minutes of his life pleading, begging for his life,” said Christopher Silva, 31, brother of the dead man. He said he’s talked to witnesses but did not see the incident himself.
At about midnight, Ruben Ceballos, 19,was awakened by screams and loud banging noises outside his home. He said he ran to the left side of his house to find out who was causing the ruckus.
“When I got outside I saw two officers beating a man with batons and they were hitting his head so every time they would swing, I could hear the blows to his head,” Ceballos said.
Silva was on the ground screaming for help, but officers continued to beat him, Ceballos said.
After several minutes, Ceballos said, Silva stopped screaming and was no longer responsive.
“His body was just lying on the street and before the ambulance arrived one of the officers performed CPR on him and another one used a flashlight on his eyes but I’m sure he was already dead,” Ceballos said.
Video: Witness Afraid for His Life